With less than 2 weeks left in the official 2012 Holiday Shopping Season I’ll bet you’ve finsihed your shopping, wrapped your gifts, baked your cookies, egged your nog, and trimmed your tree. Right?
Well what are you waiting for?!? Door to door delivery on the 24th by a fat guy in a red suit?
For your information UPS workers wear brown and most are on the slim side, although many will still be working their tails off on the 24th.
Here’s a better plan. Rather than spending an hour searching for a parking space at the mall take a look at what our area has to offer and SHOP LOCAL. And I don’t mean your local JCPenney’s, Target or Macy’s!
Buffalo and Western New York are blessed with a abundance of well run, well stocked small shops, restaurants and other businesses that are owned and operated by our neighbors. The profits made by these businesses stay in Western New York rather than being wisked off to Corporate Headquarters located in some undisclosed location.
Need a few more reasons to Shop local this year?
• You’ll find more unique items at a small boutique shop than at the Mall
• The owners and operators of small shops are more knowledge about their products and will offer better service than big box store salesclerks
• Many local galleries and shops feature work produced by local artists and craftspersons, a.k.a. – your neighbors
• The Elmwood Village, Hertel Avenue, Village of Williamsville, etc. are much more scenic than any area Mall
• Shopping in one of our city/village neighborhoods gives you a good excuse to stop at a local restaurant for a sandwich and a Tom and Jerry 🙂
• and the list goes on and on………..
While it’s probably inevitable that some of your holiday dollars will be spent at national chain stores, give local a chance this year. I’ll promise you’ll be glad that you did or the next round of Tom and Jerry’s is on me.
Here’s a few spots you can find my work this season:
464 Gallery, 464 Amherst Street, Buffalo, NY 14207
Art Dialogue Gallery, One Linwood Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14209
Theodore Roosevelt Inaugural Site, 641 Delaware Avenue Buffalo, NY 14202
Village Artisans, 5560 Main Street, Williamsville, New York 14221 (716) 633-2384
ZGM Fine Arts, 1045 Elmwood Avenue, Buffalo, New York 14222
…where you can shop 24/7